1. The use of the word "Po" or "Opo" means "Yes" in a very polite manner. It is usually said by a young person to an elder.
2. The Mano is when one slightly bows to one's elder as they take the elder's opposing hand and respectfully place it to one's own forehead. Mano means a sign of respect to the elder.
3. It is also a tradition to hold a family reunion to celebrate a birthday in the family, for Christmas or New Year's Celebration.
4. Once a year, every November 1, the Filipinos honor their "dead" by going to cemeteries. Those who are not able to go may choose to light up candles and pray for the souls of their dead relatives.
5. Most Filipinos believe that eating Pancit on their birthday will enable them to live longer.